"MODERNIZATION OF RAILWAYS, CONTACT NETWORK AND SYSTEMS FOR SIGNALING AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS IN PLOVDIV STATION"
The modernization of the railway, contact network and signaling and telecommunication systems in Plovdiv station of the Communication and Transport Breakthrough under the railway area of Plovdiv station “is part of the Project:” Development of the Plovdiv railway junction “.
The site is being built with funding from the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF), Transport Sector. Its total value is BGN 89,028,245.95 without VAT, as BGN 67,892,868.55 without VAT are provided under the CEF, and the rest are from national co-financing and additional financial resources from the state budget, respectively BGN 11,981,094.45. and BGN 9,154,282.95 excluding VAT.
The contracting authority of the European Commission for the project is the Executive Agency for Climate, Infrastructure and Environment (CINEA), and the controlling body is the Ministry of Transport, Information Technology and Communications of the Republic of Bulgaria.
The scope of the site includes design and execution of the following construction and installation works:
• modernization of the railway;
• construction of a communication and transport breakthrough under the railway area of Plovdiv station, covering parts of: Vasil Aprilov Blvd., roundabout, station square, central station area, railway tracks, Rodopi bus station, Kukush Street, Dimitar Talev Street ”;
• construction of a new contact network, new drainages and drainage systems;
• modernization of signaling and telecommunication systems;
• installation of new platform pavement on all platforms in the station, construction of new and replacement of the existing platform coverings with new modern lightweight structures and ensuring access for persons with reduced mobility;
• construction of pedestrian crossings on two levels (footbridges) to ensure the passage of pedestrians with access for persons with reduced mobility;
• construction of sewerage and ventilation systems, lighting and video surveillance;
• construction of a warm waiting room for passengers on the 4th platform;
• construction of an elevator to provide access from the pedestrian underpass to the 4th platform;
• installation of noise protection equipment and safety fences in the area of Plovdiv station.
With the realization of the site it is expected to increase the quality and efficiency of railway transport – security, comfort and safety when traveling. Achieving full interoperability with the Trans-European Railway Network by:
- modernization of the existing railway infrastructure, according to the EU standards and the European transport policies;
- increasing the capacity of Plovdiv station, including the possibility to increase the speed of trains;
- improving the quality of the transport system and reducing the costs of maintaining the railway infrastructure;
- construction of a key transport and communication link that will connect the central part of Plovdiv with the southern districts, which will significantly ease car traffic and change the appearance of the city.
DZZD “Plovdiv Railway”